Find the Best Virginia Cosmetic Surgeons
Any licensed physician can legally perform cosmetic surgery but if you’re like us, you want the best Virginia cosmetic surgeon performing your:
- Breast Enhancement: Augmentation, Lift, Reduction
- Facial Contouring: Rhinoplasty, Chin, or Cheek Enhancement
- Facial Rejuvenation: Facelift, Eyelid Lift, Neck Lift, Brow Lift
- Body Contouring: Tummy Tuck, Liposuction, Gynecomastia Treatment
- Skin Rejuvenation: Laser Resurfacing, Botox®, Filler Treatments
As you can see, cosmetic surgery can be performed on your head, neck, and body. The best Virginia cosmetic surgeons are highly qualified in breast implants, Botox injections, eyelid lifts, facelifts, liposuction and nose jobs. Read more on about the most popular cosmetic surgeries WebMed.
While plastic and cosmetic surgeons are closely related they are not the same. Cosmetic surgery is usually performed by the best plastic surgeons to make your appearance look better by changing the proportion of an area of your body or making it more symmetric. It’s a vanity operation (but a good one) and today is sought by the 25-35 age group.
More good news for facial contouring: 3-D printing could one day help fix damaged cartilage in knees, noses and ears. Athletes, the elderly and others who suffer from injuries and arthritis can lose cartilage and experience a lot of pain. Researchers are now reporting, however, that they have found a way to produce cartilage tissue by 3-D bioprinting an ink containing human cells, and they have successfully tested it in on a live mouse.
The best Virginia cosmetic surgeons are working on the management of the cleft lips and nasal deformities; composite grafting in rhinoplasty nuances and technical pearls; secondary rhinoplasty and total lobular reconstruction.
http://www.ljcsc.com/plastic_surgeon_brahme.html – San Diego plastic surgeon, Dr. Johan Brahme, sets realistic expectations for cosmetic surgery. Patients and some surgeons underestimate the recovery. Recovery takes time, and plastic surgery is a process. La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre physicians and staff are with the patient through the whole process.
Caveat Emptor: The best Virginia cosmetic surgeons, no matter how talented, can botch a surgery and while breast implants have vastly improved can still fail or rupture. Common complications include: hematoma, nerve damage, infection, scarring, implant failure and organ damage. In a case like this you need to see a qualified Virginia revision rhinoplasty surgeon to fix the mistakes made. Revision rhinoplasty is much harder than the initial cosmetic surgery because there was an previous disruption of the anatomy and scar tissues have already formed. A bridge rasping is merely a slight rasp using a closed approach; and to get the rasp in, the whole dorsum must be undermined which leaves scarring. Osteotomy is a surgical operation whereby a bone is cut to shorten or lengthen it or to change its alignment and usually all that is required. But on occasion after surgery, the dorsum must be smoothed out as a hump can occur.
The best Virginia oncoplastic surgeons use specialized techniques to remove and reshape a breast after tumor removal to help prevent contour deformities that could develop after radiation. Oncoplastic and reconstructive breast surgeons work with women with breast cancer to conserve as much of the breast as possible with a lumpectomy, partial mastectomy or quadrantectomy.
What’s the best way to match the implant to the breast? How should plastic surgeons choose the best implant type and size for women undergoing breast augmentation surgery? Implant size selection systems based on breast tissue measurements may provide better outcomes, suggests a research.
An interesting diary of a young ladies cosmetic surgery facelift
The best Virginia cosmetic surgeons are known for their body sculpting surgery expertise including breast lifts with implants, breast reduction procedures, implant removal & replacement and when needed revision surgery to repair the original surgeons shabby work.
Face lift , My 5 month diary. What to expect from the physical and mental challenge of getting a face lift.
Find out why surgeons specializing in cosmetic surgery are seeking certification by the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery. Learn more about the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery at http://www.americanboardcosmeticsurgery.org/, the only board dedicated exclusively to training and certification in cosmetic surgery.
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- An in-depth look at the whole spectrum of plastic surgery procedures, from the foremost authority on cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery.
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Timely information and articles on cosmetic plastic surgery issues from the leading cosmetic plastic surgery organization.
- The American College of Surgeons
- Credentialling organization for general surgery.
- The American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Credentialling organization for board certified plastic surgeons.
- The American Board of Medical Specialties
- National listing of all board certified medical specialists.
- The National Board of Medical Examiners
- National accredidation organization for licensed physicians.
- Information about Plastic Surgery
- Great ideas by author Dr. Jean Loftus on how to plan for the recovery process after plastic surgery.
- Patient Information Brochures
- Step-by-step illustrations of how plastic surgery procedures are performed to help visualize the process and results of surgery.
- Online Medical Dictionary of Medical Terms
- Contains easy-to-understand explanations of over 15,000 medical terms.
- FDA Breast Implant Consumer Handbook
- A comprehensive look at all aspects of breast implants and surgery. It includes detailed information on all types of implants, safety issues, important questions to ask the plastic surgeon, and suggestions on how to make sound decisions regarding a breast implant procedure.
- National Cancer Institute Breast Implant Study
- An objective study on the long-term effects of breast implants which shows no correlation between breast implant surgery and cancer. Also includes key facts regarding the history of breast implant surgery.
- Botox Cosmetic
- Key information and patient testimonials for those interested in having a Botox treatment performed.
- Financing Plastic Surgery
- Practical website that covers general information for securing credit to finance your plastic surgery operation. Includes loan application tips, payment calculator, FAQ, and links to major financing companies.
- An A-Z index of NIH health resources, clinical trials, health hotlines, MEDLINEplus, drug information, and more.