The Best Virginia Vascular Surgeons
Specialists in peripheral vascular disease, aortic aneurysm, or carotid stenosis
The best vascular surgeons in Virginia specialize in all aspects of venous care particularly minimally invasive surgery and are highly capable of diagnosing all diseases of the vascular system for diseases of:
- The aorta for aortic aneurysms, aortic dissections, aortic ruptures and perforated aortic ulcers.
2) Carotid stenosis/carotid artery disease treating the two major arteries that carry oxygen-rich blood from the heart to the brain caused by a buildup of plaque (atherosclerosis) inside the artery wall and to include other neck, shoulder and arm vessels.
3) Circulatory disorders of the legs for peripheral arterial occlusive disease (PAOD), intermittent claudication disorder and diabetic foot syndrome (DFS).
4) Varicose veins for congestion syndrome, ulcerated legs, spider veins, venous thrombosis of the legs.
Dialysis access surgery for those suffering from chronic kidney disease and kidney failure using the safer vascular access of shunts or catheters for implementing dialysis.
The heart and brain are managed by the top Virginia cardiothoracic surgeons and neurosurgeons.
What causes vascular disease?
Atherosclerosis is the acceleration of fatty deposits in the vascular artery:
- being a male
- vascular disease, angina, heart attacks or stroke in your family history
- high blood pressure
- cigarette smoking
- Type 2 diabetes
- high cholesterol
- poor diet
- lack of exercise
- high amount of stress
- angioplasty with or without stenting, vascular bypass, endarterectomy and atherectomy for peripheral arterial occlusive disease
- Balloon embolectomy, thrombectomy and vascular bypass grafting for acute limb ischaemia.
- Open aortic surgery and thoracic endovascular aneurysm repair (TEVAR) for aortic dissection.
The top Virginia vascular surgeons treat blood vessels with vascular bypasses for peripheral arterial occlusion or the placement of prosthetic vessels in the case of aneurysms.
Vascular Surgery Societies & Associations: